Choosing a Commercial Landscape partner based on their online reputation is not always a good way to measure how that partner will perform for you. But just because they have a review, or don’t have a review does not mean they are good commercial landscapers.
In this day an age any person who gets upset with anything can write a negative review. Whether it is a real complaint or not, people do take to the internet, but what prospective clients look at should not be the reviews themselves but the type of reviews. And when looking at those reviews each client should take into consideration the type and size of the business, for example if a large commercial landscape firm does 5000 jobs a year and they have 6 negative reviews, what is that percentage, that is .0012% of clients that complain, that is not even 1%, that means that their projects run at a success rate of 99.88 % that is pretty amazing, but six complaints when looked at can color the way you view a company that does an awesome job.
Types of complaints that should be disregarded
- Vengeful employees – everyone has had that employee that they had to let go and the employee was not happy with the results.
- Complaints that don’t list facts. Sometimes people complain just to complain. But if they don’t list facts then, what was the complaint really about?
- Yelp, Rip Off Report, etc. No complaint should ever be validated on one of these sources. They do not have a program that allows a commercial landscape contractor to address the issue.
Types of Complaints to look for
- Complaints on a valid review site, (such as BBB) that have not been answered by the contractor.
- More than one of the same complaint with no answers on a valid review site (such as BBB).
Lets face it, in this day and age with the internet and access, people will write what they want, don’t fall into the review trap and make decisions about a company without digging into the reviews for the truth, ask your contractor what happened? Ask them how they resolve complaints, ask them how many jobs they do each year, people don’t love to post the positive, but they love to show the negative!
At SMS – Facility Services we are a firm you can trust, we have a solid reputation and warranty program in place for all out clients!
To learn more about our national landscape management programs please contact SMS-Facility Services Today. We can be reached by phone at (800) 658-7601 or by email at email@example.com. Please check us out on the web at www.sms-facilityservices.com
SMS-Facility Services is a leader in providing Nationwide Landscape Maintenance services to clients across the US and Canada. We provide Local, Regional, and National landscape services to our clients. If you are interested in a proposal we would love to work with you brand!
Landscape Management – Commercial Landscaping – Landscape Maintenance – Nationwide Landscape Services
National Landscaping – Commercial Landscape Maintenance – Commercial Landscape Management – Landscape